Re: "corrupted size vs. prev_size"

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: "corrupted size vs. prev_size"
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:41:02 +0200

> After the recent GIF/WebP caching changes, I sometimes get "corrupted
> size vs. prev_size" and Emacs then hangs, so I guess I'm messing up
> something in the memory allocation/freeing/writing bits somewhere.

After doing more testing, the problem is definitely related to the
gif_load code, not the webp_load code.

And it only seems to trigger when there's errors in the GIF files (i.e.,
DGifSlurp etc reports that one of the GIFs can't be parsed).  So the
problem is either in the error handling on my side, or it could even be
a bug in the giflib library.  As previously reported, the version of
giflib that's in Debian/bookworm has problems parsing GIFs that earlier
or later versions of giflib doesn't have...

Hm.