Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Visiting a set of files listed in a file
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 23:17:36 +0200

I would either record a keyboard macro, as others here suggested, or define a simple command like this:

(defun find-files-region ()
  (interactive)
  (dolist (file (split-string
                 (buffer-substring
                  (region-beginning)
                  (region-end))
                 "\n" t ))
    (find-file file)))

Den lör 9 apr. 2022 kl 11:33 skrev Angelo Graziosi <angelo.g0@libero.it>:
Maybe this is obvious but I did not find a solution..

Can Emacs visit a set of files listed in a file?

For example, I have a text file with

/path_to/file1.f90
/path_to/file2.txt
/path_to/file3.c
/path_to/file4.tex

How can I visit all those files without doing that manually which could be tedious if the file to be visited are 40-50?

It would be useful doing that both from command line and inside Emacs...

TIA