Location of mouse click

From: Yasushi SHOJI
Subject: Location of mouse click
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 21:44:33 +0900

Hi,

Emacs seems to disagree with the mouse clicked location of and buffer
lines when there are lines with different height.

Let's say I have short lines with higher height characters and a
longer line with shorter height in a buffer.  The buffer is set
truncate-lines t.  The longer lines, say, have a Japanese character あ.
Mouse clicks work while あs are displayed.  But once they are gone due
to horizontal scrolling to right, the long line moves up.  Now, a
mouse click on the longer line make the buffer scroll back to left,
just like I clicked the line above the long line (but I didn't).

I've tested under both X11 and Wayland session.

I wasn't sure I can explain this in sentences, so I made a
screen-cast.  apologize for a MB attachment.

Is this known behavior?

Best,
--
            yashi