vc-dir sometimes shows files that are ignored, sometimes not. (HG)

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: vc-dir sometimes shows files that are ignored, sometimes not. (HG)
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:18:21 -0400

   From: Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es>
   Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 08:18:23 +0200

   Hi

   I am using vc-dir mostly under mercurial.

   In few occasion vc-dir also lists the files that should be ignored (and
   are specified in .hgignore), as in

   *   edited               ChangeLog
                            Actas/2021/Jul/
       ignored              Actas/2021/Jul/Annu-Acta-Jul21-Stat.pdf
       ignored              Actas/2021/Jul/Annu-Acta-Jul21.pdf
                            Actas/2021/Jun/

   Did anybody experience something similar. Any idea what is the reason
   and how to avoid that behavior?

   Thanks

   Uwe Brauer

I've only seen that behavior when I save a file that should be ignored.
Then I have to type "x" to clear it again, which I agree is annoying.
No idea how a PDF file could get in that way; even dired-do-copy doesn't
seem to update the vc-dir status (I tested using git, though).  Which is
arguably a bug.

                                        -- Bob Rogers
                                           http://www.rgrjr.com/