Re: Dependent colours

From: Po Lu
Subject: Re: Dependent colours
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2022 18:32:53 +0800

> I think I mentioned SVGs already?

That's handled by librsvg and is AFAICT outside the control of Emacs.  A
better example would be XPM images, where the color allocation is in
fact done by Emacs.

> But we also have the mouse pointer, and tooltip colours, and various
> bits and bobs in the toolkits that take colours as parameters (for
> menus and scroll bars and etc).

The tooltip colors are defined via faces, while the menu and scroll bar
colors are in fact supposed to be defined via faces, if you set aside
the frame parameters.

The `mouse' face and its associated frame parameter is unfortunately
unlikely to work under the common X sessions these days.