Re: master 6815db492f: Fix builds on older versions of macOS

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 6815db492f: Fix builds on older versions of macOS
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2022 17:01:25 +0300

> branch: master
> commit 6815db492ff899e77b45be98414567ad96a8177c
> Author: Mattias Engdegård <mattiase@acm.org>
> Commit: Mattias Engdegård <mattiase@acm.org>
>
>     Fix builds on older versions of macOS
>
>     This adds back macOS-specific code replaced earlier (bug#48548),
>     specifically to fix build errors on macOS 10.7.5.  See discussion at
>     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2022-04/msg00779.html .
>
>     * src/sysdep.c (HAVE_RUSAGE_INFO_CURRENT, HAVE_PROC_PIDINFO): New.
>     (system_process_attributes): Use alternative code or exclude features
>     when building on older macOS versions.
>
>     (cherry picked from commit 855e15dbf10a6aac42b860fdb28711f979e2bf22)

Please don't merge changes from the release branch to master by
cherry-picking; instead, either merge the release branch to master, or
mark the commits on the release branch as "not to be merged" and apply
the changes to master separately.  The way you did it will most
probably produce conflicts when merging from the release branch, and
it is not in our workflow for that reason.

(We do cherry-pick commits in the opposite direction to backport
changes from master to the release branch.)