Re: master bbb92dde01 1/3: Add unit tests and documentation for Eshell p

From: Jim Porter
Subject: Re: master bbb92dde01 1/3: Add unit tests and documentation for Eshell pattern-based globs
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2022 12:44:35 -0700

On 4/17/2022 2:49 AM, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

branch: master
commit bbb92dde01ec3fc46b24247fb2d181a21dbcc40a
Author: Jim Porter <jporterbugs@gmail.com>
Commit: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>

     Add unit tests and documentation for Eshell pattern-based globs

Something in this patch series leads to the following "make check"
failure (on Debian):

Invalid read syntax: "#<"
[snip]
It does not fail with "make em-pred-tests".

Does the attached patch fix it? I think the issue was that `eshell-partial-let-func' got the original function value too early, so during macro-expansion, it would insert something like `#<subr file-attributes>', which the parser didn't like. I've moved this bit later and it works for me.