Re: help needed for getting a backtrace ( multi-head emacs_abort on luci

From: andrés ramírez
Subject: Re: help needed for getting a backtrace ( multi-head emacs_abort on lucid-frame)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2022 05:40:51 +0000

Hi. Po Lu.

[...]

    Po> This isn't right, since we're getting the error upon `XPending'.  Emacs
isn't running in
    Po> synchronous mode.

    Po> Can you start Emacs with the following X resource applied?  (You will
have to remove it
    Po> later, since it's not a recommended setting for actually using Emacs.)

    Po>   Emacs.synchronous: True

I think that is equivalent to:

,---- [  ]
| gdb -i=mi --args ./emacs -xrm "emacs.synchronous: true" -Q -f
toggle-debug-on-error --fg-daemon
`----

Attached is the new backtrace file.

IMO: There is more than one issue at the same time:

1. emacs should not abort when having debug-on-error on
2. close-display-connection should not close both frames.
3. the X Glyph issue should not happen. Is it totally normal closing X-remote
frames.

BTW. After inspecting the gdb log. The issue #1 happens within the elisp
function debug. inside that function there is this line.

(kill-emacs -1)))

That in this particular case should not be called.

Best Regards