Re: Redisplay loop with an unicode overlay-arrow-string

From: Yuri D'Elia
Subject: Re: Redisplay loop with an unicode overlay-arrow-string
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 23:25:52 +0200

On Thu, Apr 21 2022, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Thanks, should now be fixed on the release branch.

Seems to be fixed for the single character case, but if you try with two
unicode chars it doesn't always work as expected:

  (setq overlay-arrow-string "━━") ; only one char shown
  (setq overlay-arrow-string " ━") ; two shown
  (setq overlay-arrow-string "━ ") ; one shown

> (And PLEASE always report bugs using "M-x report-emacs-bug".)

Sorry about this, I wasn't even sure this was a bug at first (I noticed
this due to some error thrown within xref which was using the
arrow-string). Then I wasn't even sure this was supposed to work at
all..