Re: Integrate my package into Emacs

From: Mariano Montone
Subject: Re: Integrate my package into Emacs
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 14:57:58 -0300

El 22/4/22 a las 14:44, Eduardo Ochs escribió:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2022 at 12:37, Mariano Montone <marianomontone@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I've implemented an inspector tool for elisp, and I think it could be
nice to integrate into Emacs distro.

https://github.com/mmontone/emacs-inspector

What do you think?

What are the steps I'd need to follow for that?

Thanks,

Mariano
Hi Mariano,

can you record a short video showing how you use it? The README and
the screenshot give the impression that this

   Similar to inspectors available for Smalltalk and Common Lisp, but
   for Emacs Lisp.

is a distant goal, and that at this moment your inspector does very
little...

Hi Eduardo,

on the contrary, I consider it very complete. I've gone through every ELisp data type to make sure it can be inspected.

Also, it supports any level of nesting and data size (pagination).

And ... you can use it to inspect backtraces on the debugger.

I'll post a video soon.

Mariano