add make deb to the makefiles?

From: Uwe Brauer
Subject: add make deb to the makefiles?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2022 08:09:08 +0200

Hi

I am more or less compiling and installing Emacs (from git).

I know that the Makefile has a uninstall option and I am installing
everything in /opt/emacsX

However I still prefer to generate a Debian pkg, since it allows me to
access the installed emacs via Debian pkg.

For this is use checkinstall and (auto-apt, auto-apt however has been
removed in more recent versions of Debian/Ubuntu).

On the other hand mercurial provides a deb target in its Makefile (which
looks also a bit complicated).

Does anybody (Users of Debian/Ubuntu) generate a deb when compiling
emacs from git.

Would he/she mind to share the configure file.

Wouldn't it a good idea if the official Makefile also contains a deb
target?

Regards

Uwe Brauer

--
I strongly condemn Putin's war of aggression against the Ukraine.
I support the ban of Russia from SWIFT.