Re: Feature request for extra configuration variable.

From: dalanicolai
Subject: Re: Feature request for extra configuration variable.
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 09:16:46 +0200

Great! Thanks, this was exactly what I was looking for.
So the basic functionality of image-roll is complete now.

I will have a look at pixel.scroll.el.
If you like, you could try image-roll here
(it can be used with doc-view and pdf-tools, see instructions).

On Wed, 4 May 2022 at 02:38, Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> wrote:
dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> writes:

> When I try to use `(set-window-start ...)`, then for some reason subsequently setting `vscroll` does not work.
> Setting vscroll does work after a `(redisplay)` but then the jump becomes very 'ugly'.

That is because the window start will be forced after the next
redisplay.  The fix is to pass t as the `noforce' parameter to
`set-window-start'.

If you're interested in this, I suggest to look at some of the code in
pixel-scroll.el.