load-history-filename-element

From: Mario Lang
Subject: load-history-filename-element
Date: Fri, 06 May 2022 18:49:37 +0200

Hi.

I seem to have no luck with Emacs 28.  Got a weird error due to native
compilation during the dev phase, and now that I come back to building
my own (release) version, I am getting a weird error in
load-history-filename-element.

In particular, string-match barfs on (require . package)

Is my load-history somehow confused?
And why does load-history-filename-element not check for stringp?

The error is triggered when I launch Gnus.
More specifically, when (require 'mailabbrev) is run, which
in turn does an (eval-after-load "sendmail" ...).
Apparently, at this point, my load-history seems to contain

(require . package)

as the first element.

Why is that?

Also, running emacs -q does fix the problem.
However, moving away ~/.config/emacs/init.el does not fix the issue.
Which is also weird.

Any hints on how to unwind this?

--
CYa,