Re: Emacs difficulties in linux console with ncurses-6.3 caused by kcbt=

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs difficulties in linux console with ncurses-6.3 caused by kcbt=\E^I.
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 19:37:09 -0400

I am getting the feeling that Emacs should do nothing special about M-TAB,
and that we should talk with maintainers of free distros about the change
made to the terminfo database.  It looks like we don't know enough
about the pros and cons of the terminfo change to be able to judge it.

Maybe we should talk with the maintainers of free distros about that.

Is it possible for Emacs to notice that the terminfo database includes
that change, and if so, display a notice whenever the Backtab key arrives
as input?  This could tell users (1) how to revert that terminfo change,
(2) a guide to raising the issue with distro maintainers.