EXWM and Emacs 29

From: Po Lu
Subject: EXWM and Emacs 29
Date: Tue, 10 May 2022 12:18:46 +0800

Phil Sainty <psainty@orcon.net.nz> writes:

> You're looking for EXWM then.
>
> * https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm
> * https://github.com/ch11ng/exwm/wiki
> * https://github.com/johanwiden/exwm-setup
>
> It has some nice features, such as the ability to translate
> keys on a per-application basis, so that you can use familiar
> keys in applications which don't support custom key bindings
> (or indeed even in those which do).

I just realized that EXWM must be updated to use the X input extension.
Otherwise, it will no longer work with Emacs 29.

I'm not very familiar with its internals, but I would be happy to offer
assistance in that direction.  The necessary bindings to the input
extension should be available if xelb supports a sufficiently new
version of XCB.