Re: master 2ec9f025d2: Include the number of dependencies in the install

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master 2ec9f025d2: Include the number of dependencies in the install prompt
Date: Fri, 13 May 2022 17:32:55 +0200

Robert Pluim <rpluim@gmail.com> writes:

> That wouldnʼt bother me particularly. I mean, I upgrade my packages
> like twice a year, so just the list after doing 'U' is already
> ginormous ;-)

When upgrading, the list is huge, but the patch doesn't include the
dependency thing then (because it's not particularly interesting in that
context).  But if you're installing some-innocuous-package, and it turns
out to have a dependency tree that will install 300 more packages, you
may want to reconsider.  So now it says:

Packages to install: 1 (some-innocuous-package) plus 300 dependencies.
Proceed? (y or n)