Re: master 2b3f3d421a: Make minibuffer lazy highlight setup buffer-local

From: Augusto Stoffel
Subject: Re: master 2b3f3d421a: Make minibuffer lazy highlight setup buffer-local where appropriate
Date: Sun, 15 May 2022 23:10:03 +0200

On Sun, 15 May 2022 at 16:16, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

>>          (when filter
>> +          (make-local-variable 'isearch-filter-predicate)
>>            (add-function :after-while isearch-filter-predicate filter))
>
> `add-function` is modeled after `add-hook`, so the above
> `make-local-variable` would be better replaced with
>
>     (add-function :after-while (local 'isearch-filter-predicate) filter)
>
> [ Of course, that's pure theory.  You'd better test it first.  ]

Yes, I guess that's the right way to approach this.  The attached patch
implements it.

Now, I had tried it earlier and noticed something looked fishy.  Now I
can reproduce the problem:

1. With an active region, call C-M-%
2. Switch from the minibuffer back to the original buffer
3. Call keyboard-escape-quit (maybe twice) to quit the minibuffer
   prompt.

Then the buffer-local value of `isearch-filter-predicate' is not cleaned
up.  Is it by any chance intentional that minibuffer-exit-hook doesn't
run in this case?