Re: master f8b2a01a9e: * lisp/shell.el (shell): Query shell file name fr

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: master f8b2a01a9e: * lisp/shell.el (shell): Query shell file name from `interactive`
Date: Sat, 28 May 2022 18:18:17 +0200

Hi Stefan,

> Does the patch below look correct to you?
> It also tries to address the FIXME while we're at it.

I'm not sure. You use `buffer', and not `buf' for the interactive
spec. OTOH, you set `default-directory' in `buf', which might cure it.

Anyway, it would be an incompatible (but appreciated) change. If you
have an existing shell buffer, it would be reused as-it-is, and you
cannot change its remoteness. Something, which has been plagued me since
ever.

Hmm, do we have test cases for this, for both the local and the remote
case, for both an existing and a new shell buffer? (If not, I could
volunteer to write them, but it might take some days then.)

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.