Re: How to disable warnings about single quotes in emacs-29

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: How to disable warnings about single quotes in emacs-29
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2022 08:48:09 +0000

> Thierry Volpiatto <thievol@posteo.net> writes:
>
>> I have now such warnings:
>>
>> Warning: docstring has wrong usage of unescaped single quotes (use \=
>> or different quoting)
>>
>> How one is supposed to stop these warnings apart replacing all "'"
>> accumulated since 12 years or so with "\\='".
>
> A short-term, radical solution would be to set `byte-compile-warnings',
> globally or file locally, to (not docstrings).

I expected this too, but no native-compilation doesn't take care of local
variables, anyway using (no docstrings) doesn't cover this problem AFAIK.

> I am surprised that the byte compiler is taking care of this, and not
> checkdoc.  Checkdoc could at least propose to automatically fix the
> text.

Didn't try checkdoc, but as long as one use text-quoting-style==grave he
should not be annoyed by this.

Thanks.

--
Thierry (annoyed by these quoting style problems since emacs-25)