Re: master 5b1109394c: ; * lisp/edmacro.el: Minor doc fixes.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: master 5b1109394c: ; * lisp/edmacro.el: Minor doc fixes.
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 08:43:11 +0300

> From: Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>
> Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2022 22:17:45 +0200
> Cc: Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
>
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > Stefan, I don't understand this change.  Is it no longer "kosher" to
> > use RET, TAB, SPC, etc. in our doc strings?  Why do we need to quote
> > these simple keys?
>
> The reason for fontifying them is consistency, so that keybindings are
> always displayed the same in *Help*.
>
> AFAIU, such consistency is important for effective UX design.

Again, that's not what I asked.  I asked whether _all_ references to
these keys in doc strings should be quoted.  If the answer is YES, I
guess that means we will soon see changes to that effect all over the
place in the existing code, and we should comment on patches which
don't do that to tell the contributors to do so.  Right?