Re: TODO: Major modes should have a menu entry

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: TODO: Major modes should have a menu entry
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 16:20:23 +0300

* binarydigitz01 via "Emacs development discussions. <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
[2022-06-29 14:12]:
> Hi Everyone!
> This is going to be my first contribution to emacs! I would like to
> do the "Major modesh should have a menu entry" task, wanted to ask
> for advice on how to start on this.

In general major modes are automatically selected.

To learn how to make menus, you may read or evaluate following
expression: (info "(elisp) Easy Menu")

Here is example on my side for Website Revision System:

(easy-menu-define wrs-menu global-map "Website Revision System Menu"
  (list "WRS"
        ["Areas of Website Revision System" wrs-areas t]
        ["Search pages" wrs-db-search-pages t]
        ["Full text search" wrs-db-full-text-search t]
        ["Add category" wrs-add-category t]
        ["Manage related pages" wrs-related-pages-management t]
        ["WRS Templates" wrs-templates-list t]
        ["Generate tag clouds" wrs-tag-cloud-for-missing-ogimage t]
        ["Publish region as Emacs Lisp function"
wrs-publish-emacs-lisp-function t]
        ["Publish WWW area" wrs-publish-area t]))

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman