Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: emacs master + org Wrong type argument: number-or-marker-p
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2022 18:49:32 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> And if it's indeed due to narrow-to-region, we may have a problem: it
> means old bytecode will not work with Emacs 29 and later.

I had a quick look at some things in byte-defop-compiler that have
changed arity (or made things optional) to see whether that's happened
before, and it has.  So I'm not sure that's the explanation.

Other bug reports about this has mentioned `file-name-sans-extension',
which doesn't use `narrow-to-region' as far as I can see.