Re: About LaTeX/TeX modes

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: About LaTeX/TeX modes
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2022 01:47:57 +0200 (CEST)

> Tassilo Horn wrote:
>

> If it doesn't work out-of-the-box with the AUCTeX ELPA package that's a bug
> you should report.

Indeed! I installed AUCTeX from ELPA a few years ago and it always worked OB
(Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux). My init file contains just this:

---------------------------------
;;
;; AUCTeX
(setq font-latex-fontify-sectioning 'color)

;; Emacs latex modes
(defun my-latex-mode ()
  "My customization for Emacs `latex-mode'."
  (interactive)

  ;; (auto-fill-mode 1)
  (turn-on-reftex)

  ;; Add index to menu bar
  (imenu-add-to-menubar "Contents")
  )

;; AucTeX LaTeX mode
(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'my-latex-mode)

but the package works also without that in the init file...