Re: Thoughts on Refactoring In-Buffer Completion In message.el

From: Alexander Adolf
Subject: Re: Thoughts on Refactoring In-Buffer Completion In message.el
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 15:11:41 +0200

Hello,

it's been a while since the last update on this subject. I have chatted
with Thomas, the maintainer of EUDC, and he stated a preference for
having the two new EUDC back-ends (one for ecomplete, and one for
mailabbrev) in a separate patch series.

I will thus separate these two things out into a separate proposal, and
will update the "message completion refactoring proposal" accordingly.

Above and beyond that, I still need to do the following things for the
present "message completion refactoring proposal":

- figure out, and implement how to add completion category metadata to
  completion tables;

- write a NEWS entry;

- update the texi manual for message.

Cheers,