request a change to electric.el

From: MICHAEL J MCCLENNEN
Subject: request a change to electric.el
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 20:19:40 +0000

Hello,

This is directed at either K. Shane Hartman or else whoever is currently in charge of maintaining electric.el. Could you please make the following change to this module? The effect is to adapt electric-indent-mode to people like me who use indented lines instead of completely blank lines between their statements. Since I made this change in my own installation, electric-indent-mode has been much more satisfactory for me. The way I wrote this patch, it will have no effect unless somebody sets the electric-indent-preserve-whitespace locally.

If this is not the proper way for me to submit such a request, please tell me what you would like me to do instead.

Thank you for your time,

  Michael McClennen

233a234,237
> (defvar-local electric-indent-preserve-whitespace nil
>   "If non-nil, whitespace will not be removed from a line that is reindented
> after a newline.")
282c286
<               (when (eolp)
---