Re: master 4803fba487 1/2: 'C-x v v' on a diff buffer commits it as a pa

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: master 4803fba487 1/2: 'C-x v v' on a diff buffer commits it as a patch (bug#52349)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2022 23:13:17 +0300

On 30.08.2022 15:03, Dmitry Gutov wrote:
On 30.08.2022 10:20, Juri Linkov wrote:
I am unfamiliar with Mercurial, but looking at
https://www.mercurial-scm.org/wiki/GitConcepts#Git.27s_staging_area
where the table says that index/staging area is not necessary in Mercurial
and suggests to use shelve instead that corresponds to Git's stash,
it would be possible to do the same with Hg as we first tried to do
with Git using stash: put changes to stash/shelve, commit and restore
the previous state.

I suppose it might work, but then what happens when stashed/shelved changes start to conflict with the ones just committed? The stash can pop up with conflict markers.

Maybe that's okay, I don't know.

Oh BTW 'hg import -m <message> --bypass <filename>' might be the command we were looking for.