Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2022 12:44:19 +0000

Well, actually instead of 16, since all the colours come in a normal and a bright version.

Are these "bright" versions used by Emacs?  I don't think so.

They are, see xterm-standard-colors.

Sorry, my reply was not precise enough.  I meant:

Are these "bright" versions used by Emacs running in a raw Linux console? I don't think so.

I just checked again, and list-colors-display only lists eight colors in a raw Linux console. Under fbterm those "bright" versions become available. Perhaps there's a trick to activate them in a raw Linux console, though; I don't know.