Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Display of undisplayable characters: \U01F3A8 instead of diamond
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 10:13:57 +0200

Gregory Heytings wrote:

>> Right now, I switch to the Linux console I want using
>> M-F<n>.
>>
>> Is something that easy possible with an X terminal?
>
> Is the possibility to use multiple consoles the only reason
> you use the console? Or do you have other reasons?

It doesn't matter what _other software_ you or someone else
might prefer or what stuff you may or may not do with
that software.

If we have a problem in Emacs we should fix it in Emacs, not
telling people who experience the problem to use some
other software!

Don't you agree? Or are you suggesting we say Emacs isn't
supported on the Linux VTs because of the existence of other
terminal emulators?

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal