references for usability - Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next ste

From: Jean Louis
Subject: references for usability - Re: Adding icon sets to Emacs -- and next steps for icons.el
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 22:18:44 +0300

* Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com> [2022-08-25 02:10]:
> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > But "the new one" looks black-and-white here?  I doubt losing colors
> > is going to be loved.
>
> There is still color: we just use a single one (black).  All in all,
> black is not necessarily a bad choice: the text I'm reading now is
> black, as is the text in any paperback book.
>
> But we do go from one distinct style to another.  This is true.  It is
> inevitable that some people will love a change like this, while others
> will hate it.  Others will probably be indifferent.

Usability 101: Introduction to Usability
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-101-introduction-to-usability/

Usability Testing 101
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-testing-101/

How Many Test Users in a Usability Study?
https://www.nngroup.com/articles/how-many-test-users/

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns