[ELPA] New package: hcel

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: [ELPA] New package: hcel
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2022 01:01:35 +1000

Hello,

I'd like to submit my little package called hcel[1] to ELPA.

It is a Haskell codebase explorer, using the server program provided by
haskell-code-explorer[2], which I ported to recent GHC version[3] and
I named my port / fork hcel.

[1] https://g.ypei.me/hcel.git/tree/lisp
[2] https://github.com/alexwl/haskell-code-explorer
[3] https://g.ypei.me/hcel.git/about/

I'm not sure whether it is unusual to submit a package that relies on a
self-hosted free software server program, but I am also not aware of
packages doing anything similar.  There are packages offering related
functionalities, like eglot, which can work with
haskell-language-server.  However, haskell-language-server requires more
ram and cpu, and does not support cross-package find-definition and