Re: Windows Binaries for Emacs 28.2 released

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: Windows Binaries for Emacs 28.2 released
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 14:30:16 -0500

On Tue, Sep 13, 2022 at 1:13 PM Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:

> > From: Corwin Brust <corwin@bru.st>
> > Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 13:01:48 -0500
> > Cc: Emacs developers <emacs-devel@gnu.org>
> >
> > On Tue, Sep 13, 2022, 12:47 Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> >  did you see bug#56639?
> >
> > I did not.
>
> That's strange, because we CC'ed you at this address...

I don't find it that strange - I'm thousands of Emails "behind" at
present.  I would welcome suggestions (other than "be caught up on
Email/filter your email better") that would help me more readily
notice (especially bugs) where my attention is wanted.

In any case, I cannot reproduce bug#56639 on my local using the
binaries uploaded today.

Later today I will confirm whether I can reproduce using test machines.

The bug in question relates to a snapshot of the "master" branch.  I
tend to expect the problem is specific to snapshot builds, which I
create from a local git checkout using Phil's script
(admin/nt/dist-build/build-zips.sh -s), modulo some local changes
represented by the attached patch.   Release binaries, on the other
hand, I create from the tar.xy published for the given version, using
a few "simple" shell commands.  Here is the central such command I
used to create the set uploaded today:

(./configure --with-modules --without-dbus --with-native-compilation
--without-compress-install CFLAGS=-O2 && make install -j 20
prefix=/d/emacs-build/install/emacs-28.2) | tee ../emacs-28.2.log