Re: New library wallpaper.el pushed to master

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: New library wallpaper.el pushed to master
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 08:01:52 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I'd prefer something like battery.el, where we have a function that
> isolates the system dependencies.  But I can also live with what we
> have now.

That might make things cleaner, indeed.

Perhaps we can revisit it once we add MS-Windows and macOS support,
which will give us a clearer picture?

> However, the defcustom's should say in their doc strings that they are
> only for GNU/Linux systems.

We could add that, but perhaps we should say instead which systems don't
use them?  Currently, that's only Haiku.

- Hopefully, Someone (TM) will volunteer to write code for MS-Windows.
- If no one beats me too it, I intend to eventually look into macOS
  support.
- I believe that all other systems we support will be covered by the code
  we have already.