Re: master 07c0e090bd 2/2: Add new commands 'image-crop' and 'image-elid

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: master 07c0e090bd 2/2: Add new commands 'image-crop' and 'image-elide'
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 09:47:56 +0300

* Gregory Heytings <gregory@heytings.org> [2022-09-15 02:47]:
> I think "redact" is the right verb here, see
> https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/redact which says:
>
> 1. To censor, to black out or remove parts of a document while leaving the
> remainder.
>
> 2. To black out legally protected sections of text in a document provided to
> opposing counsel, typically as part of the discovery process.

I don't think so, it is not related to images.

Wordnet:

* Overview of verb redact

The verb redact has 2 senses (no senses from tagged texts)
1. frame, redact, cast, put, couch -- (formulate in a particular style or
language; "I wouldn't put it that way"; "She cast her request in very polite
language")
2. edit, redact -- (prepare for publication or presentation by correcting,
revising, or adapting; "Edit a book on lexical semantics"; "she edited the
letters of the politician so as to omit the most personal passages")

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman