Re: global keybindings re-defined on package upgrade

From: Jose A Ortega Ruiz
Subject: Re: global keybindings re-defined on package upgrade
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 00:02:12 +0100

On Thu, Sep 15 2022, Jose Antonio Ortega Ruiz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since a little while ago, in emacs 29.0.50 (master), it happens often
> that when i upgrade installed packages, some global keybindings i've
> re-defined in my init (e.g. <f2>, C-l, C-x p) get re-assigned to their
> original binding; it doesn't happen all the time and i haven't yet been
> able to find a pattern.  But perhaps this is expected behaviour and i
> should restart emacs on upgrade, or maybe move to new-style keymap-*
> functions (i'm still using global-set-key and friends).

Answering to myself, this is probably related to use-package's :bind
forms assigning keybindings to the global map; those seem to be the
bindings that are lost on package upgrades.  I'll bring the issue to its
developer(s) once i manage to reproduce it reliably.

Thanks,
jao
--
Not far from the invention of fire must rank the invention of doubt.
-Thomas Henry Huxley, biologist (1825-1895)