Re: Native compilation of Keyboard Macros

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Native compilation of Keyboard Macros
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 23:12:51 -0400

> OK, but wouldn't that exclude the possibility of it being compiled,
> *unless* there were some way to translate the rest of the input into
> something else.

You can't "transparently" compile them, no.  But the user can ask
explicitly for a kind of "snapshot": compile them to the code
executed for a particular run of that keyboard macro.

In any case, as for all optimization problems, I'd start by
investigating your very concrete example to try and figure exactly where
the time is spent.  Else, you may end up missing the important spot.

        Stefan