Re: master 5b3c4004a9 2/2: Remove calls to intern with a static string f

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master 5b3c4004a9 2/2: Remove calls to intern with a static string from code that runs on X
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 06:45:18 +0000

-#     !BEWARE! "git clean -fdx" deletes all files that are not under
-#     !BEWARE! version control, which means that all changes to such
-#     !BEWARE! files will be lost and cannot be restored later

I don't think we should remove the BEWAREs -- it's a destructive operation that we shouldn't recommend to people without these caveats.

Indeed, now done.

Another "rewording":

If "make bootstrap" failed, try running "make extraclean" and then "make bootstrap" again.

is just wrong, "make extraclean" is already what "make bootstrap" does.

The other changes in that file were gratuitous, too.