Re: [ELPA] New package: toc-mode

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: toc-mode
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 18:57:41 +0300

* dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> [2022-09-20 17:59]:
> This package has been for a while on MELPA now, but it would be nice if it
> could be moved to ELPA. The source can be found at
> https://github.com/dalanicolai/toc-mode.
>
> I would like to mention that the PDF functionalities largely depend on
> pdf-tools, which is not on
> ELPA of course (doc-view unfortunately does not provide the right
> features). I am not sure
> if that somehow is a problem.
>
> The package description is:
>
> Create, cleanup, add and manage Table Of Contents (TOC) of pdf and djvu
> documents with Emacs
>
> TOC-mode is a package for creating, cleaning, adding and managing the Table
> Of Contents (TOC) of pdf and djvu documents.

I did not know about the package. Though when I read `toc-mode' I got
idea that it will generate table of contents for various lightweight
markup languages, such as markdown, txt2tags, restructured text,
asciidoc, org and similar.

My suggestion is that you rename it to indicate it is about PDF, like
`toc-pdf-mode'.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns