Re: describe-repeat-maps: Possible print bug:

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: describe-repeat-maps: Possible print bug:
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2022 09:47:06 +0300

> Interesting, evaluating your test case shows the expected and desired
> output C-; 1 is shown  as the key.
>
> But sadly it doesn't work for my code.
>
> My media player module is here: (apologies in advance -- it's a large
> module, but the repeat-mode code is only a few lines.
>
> https://github.com/tvraman/emacspeak/blob/master/lisp/emacspeak-m-player.el#L1442

Thanks, this reference helped to understand that
emacspeak-m-player-bind-accelerator binds only global keys,
not keys in the repeat map.  Here is a short test case
that confirms this:

  (repeat-mode 1)
  (keymap-set global-map "C-; 1" (defun test-repeat-next-line () (interactive)
(next-line)))
  (defvar-keymap test-repeat-map)
  (put 'test-repeat-next-line 'repeat-map 'test-repeat-map)

And indeed 'describe-repeat-maps' outputs empty "(bound to )".
This is because the keys in the global map used to enter the
repeatable sequence currently are not handled by 'describe-repeat-maps'.
This should be fixed before the next release.

Also it was suggested to allow specifying the keys that enter
the repeatable sequence and exit it, by an additional keyword
in defvar-keymap, or by adding a new macro defvar-repeat-keymap.
This could be implemented as well.