Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?

From: Manuel Uberti
Subject: Re: Renaming eglot -- or at least add an alias?
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2022 17:03:14 +0200

On 02/10/22 16:42, João Távora wrote:
None of this makes any difference to the fact that Eglot is the best
name for referring to exactly what Eglot is.

FWIW, because I seem to be in the minority here, I really like the name Eglot.

To me the name is:

- Clear enough: "glot" makes sense to me, just as the "e" makes me think of "emacs" or "elisp" when it's the first letter of an Emacs package name (it may not always mean that, of course).

- Short enough: I can quickly type `M-x eglot` and work with whatever project I have on my hands.

- Unique enough: I only have to learn what it is about once to refer to it or use it without mistakenly thinking of something else.

As long as Eglot comes up when looking for "Emacs LSP" in the manual (or on the web), is the name really an issue?

--
Manuel Uberti
https://manueluberti.eu