Re: [ELPA] New package: luwak

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: luwak
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 20:53:30 +1100

On Fri 2022-10-21 10:03:29 +0300, Jean Louis wrote:

> I do not think that package that is supposed to provide browsing shall
> supposedly automate activation of Tor. That shall be optional. It
> needs instructions for user to understand that it requires Tor, but
> why it should require it? There is no reason for it. Using Tor is
> generally useful, but there is no reason for browsing package to
> require it.

Yeah, I gathered it could be confusing to use tor by default, which is
why I pushed that commit to flip the default to not use tor.

> Further, it seems I can't access any of the links:
>
> error in process sentinel: save-excursion: Args out of range: #<buffer
> *luwak*>, 0, 70
> error in process sentinel: Args out of range: #<buffer *luwak*>, 0, 70

Hmm that is strange as this has never happened to me - do you mind
sharing the url(s) with which the page has this error?  By "can't access
any of the links" do you mean this error happens when you try to follow
any links?

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>