[ELPA] New package: use-package

From: Payas Relekar
Subject: [ELPA] New package: use-package
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 17:02:04 +0530

As per previous discussion, here is a patch to submit "use-package" to
GNU ELPA.

According to John Wiegley (cc'd) copyright assignment is done, so there
should be nothing to stop getting use-package added to ELPA.

Since John personally cannot commit time to undertake the janitorial
work to do necessary changes and upstream it, I would like to carry out
that task.
However, considering my personal time and elisp skills, not to mention
understanding of use-package codebase is less than perfect at the
moment, it might take me a while, and definitely will not be completed
before 29 branch-off. If someone else wants to pick up the pace, please
feel free to take over.

As for any changes necessary to get accepted to ELPA, please let me
know.

I have tried to go through ELPA manual and refer to MELPA recipe as well
as few other packages already in ELPA package list, but it very possible
to have missed something. I'm following these instructions, but since I
don't have an account on ELPA, I'd like to ask how to proceed further.

1. Notify emacs-devel@gnu.org.
2. Push your package's code to its branch on elpa.git with:

   $ git push elpa <mybranch>:refs/heads/externals/<pkgname>

   where =<mybranch>= will probably be =master= for most people.
   [ Note: The name "externals/" is the result of an accident of history.  ]

3. Edit the =elpa-packages= file to add an entry for ="">    It has to have an =:url= "" specified but that
   property can be nil.
4. =git add elpa-packages=, =git commit= and =git push=.

If you don't have push access to the repository, someone will do steps
2-4 for you.

Please be kind for any rookie mistakes, this is my first time
contributing to a GNU project.

Also, I do not have any copyright assignment papers signed, but I also
do not have any changes in use-package or any GNU project just yet. Is
it needed for ELPA patch? It is well under 15 lines, but I'd rather be
safe.

Thanks,
Payas

--
<#part type="text/x-patch" filename="~/git/elpa/0001-elpa-packages-use-package-New-package.patch" disposition=attachment>
<#/part>