Re: Emacs git repo mangled

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Emacs git repo mangled
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 09:14:32 +0000

Wouldn't his mean that all other commits prior the eglot merge would be
regarded as "good", when bisecting? I doubt this is what we want.

No, it means that all commits between Eglot's root (1e5b753bf4) and Eglot's merge (0186faf2a1), except Eglot's merge itself, are regarded as "good". IOW, git bisect will never "descend" into Eglot's branch, and only into that branch, which is exactly what we want.

IMO, this interpretation should be in the comments inside the script.

It is:

# Start a git bisection, and prune the branches that are the result of
# merging external trees into the Emacs repository.

[...]

# Prune commits 1e5b753bf4..806734c1b1 introduced by 0186faf2a1 (Eglot
# merge on Oct 20 2022)
git bisect good 806734c1b1