Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10

From: Arash Esbati
Subject: Re: Menu-bar flickering on Win10
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 14:35:19 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Does the code involved in the display of completion temporarily
> switches to a different window, or changes the major mode?

No, it is in a single window and the only buffer I used.

> IOW, I suggest to step through the code which is involved, and see
> which part of it actually causes the flickering.  There's too many
> unknowns in what you described.

I did only this:

 • emacs -Q

 • Opened a trivial and small .tex file like this:

     \documentclass{article}

     \usepackage{cleveref}

     \begin{document}

     \section{This is my first section}
     \label{sec:firstsec}

     \begin{equation}
       \label{eq:1}
       a+b=c
     \end{equation}

     \ref{eq:1}; \cref{sec:firstsec}

     \end{document}

     %%% Local Variables:
     %%% mode: latex
     %%% TeX-master: t
     %%% End:

 • Eval'ed the following lines to setup the buffer:

    (setq tab-always-indent 'complete)
    (tool-bar-mode -1)

    (add-to-list 'load-path
                 (directory-file-name "~/.emacs.d/elpa/corfu-0.28/")
                 t)

    (require 'corfu)
    (corfu-mode 1)

    (require 'eglot)
    (add-to-list 'eglot-server-programs
                 '((tex-mode context-mode texinfo-mode bibtex-mode) .
                   ("texlab")))

  • M-x eglot RET

  • Started playing with the file by hitting \usep<TAB> to see what
    happens.

My first reaction was if corfu is probably the problem since it uses
child frames and not overlays, hence my question.

Best, Arash