Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?

From: Brian Cully
Subject: Re: Making `eglot-server-programs' a custom variable?
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 21:34:59 -0500

Yuri Khan <yuri.v.khan@gmail.com> writes:

> I might be using Eglot unconventionally, but this is how I do it:
>
> There are multiple projects, with their specific compiler versions and
> library dependencies. If I installed all of that directly on my
> machine, I’d have version hell. Therefore, for each project, I build a
> docker image with all the external dependencies packed in. I mount my
> source tree into a container and invoke the build in it. Emacs, on the
> other hand, runs on the host machine. Thus, my compile-command is
> defined in .dir-locals.el and starts with “docker run --rm”.

This is also how I use eglot. I only do my coding inside of explicitly
versioned and reproducible containers.

FWIW, eglot natively supports Tramp, meaning it will spawn the LSP on
the remote, as long as you are also accessing those files
remotely. There's no need to change the value of ‘eglot-server-programs’
in this case.

-bjc