Re: eglot and tramp

From: Brian Cully
Subject: Re: eglot and tramp
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2022 12:45:24 -0500

> It is on my TODO to check how well Tramp is integrated with eglot. Great
> to hear that it seems to work flawless, but I believe there might be
> some hints for performance improvement, like setting
> "direct-async-process" connection property.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "flawlessly". It does often run into the
"forbidden re-entrant call to Tramp" problem, but that's not unique to
Eglot, and it doesn't seem to cause any problems other than an annoying
message periodically in the echo area.

Otherwise it works pretty well. I've been using it like this for years,
and am pretty happy with it.

-bjc