Re: message-mode completion broken

From: Thomas Fitzsimmons
Subject: Re: message-mode completion broken
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 09:16:33 -0500

Hi Eric,

> Since the recent change to message-mode and EUDC, message-mode
> completion fails. I noticed this with EBDB, and there's been a report on
> gnus.general that BBDB fails as well.

Thanks for reporting.

> completion-at-point-functions looks like:
>
> (eudc-capf-complete message-completion-function t)
>
> eudc-capf-complete produces "No matches", and
> message-completion-function never gets called.

As a test, instead of pressing TAB where you're doing the completion,
can you try "C-u M-x eudc-expand-try-all" and see if that recovers the
completion behaviour?

(I wasn't intending to modify default behaviour when I pushed
0e25a39e69acca0324c326ea8e46b1725594bff5 but that's the first patch to
check for any regressions.)

Thanks,
Thomas