PGTK build starts at random position (WSLG)

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: PGTK build starts at random position (WSLG)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 18:15:50 +0100 (CET)

Recently there was a Windows update that back-ported WSLG
(https://github.com/microsoft/wslg) to Win10 so one can run GUI app in WSL
(Ubuntu 22.04 here)!

I tried my Emacs master binaries (built on GNU/Linux Mint, GTK3+cairo) and they
work (after the installation of some missing packages). I did directly the same
build on WSL. I used also the same .emacs.d directory I have on Mint! Obviously
it looks a bit different: there is no Emacs icon on the upper left corner (near
the window title); the icon on the task bar is a little penguin over the Emacs
icon..)

Now I found this article:
https://emacsredux.com/blog/2021/12/19/using-emacs-on-windows-11-with-wsl2 so
tried to build a PGTK version and also these binaries work but when I start
this toolkit of Emacs, it starts at random even if I have this code in the
init.el file:

(setq default-frame-alist
      '(
        (width . 120) ; character
        (height . 54) ; lines
        (left . 835); pixel
        (top  .   0); pixel
        (font . "Monospace-11") ; font
        ))

Notice that I use more or less the same code for the Windows, macOS and
GNU/Linux builds (just the font or the left parameter changes) and it is
respected. Not by PGTK build. In short, PGTK seems to ignore the top and left
statements.

Another issue is that I cannot copy/paste (C-w, M-w) from pgtk-Emacs
elsewhere.. (I had to write manually the above code in this email).

Do you know if these are PGTK bugs? or is there some work around?

TIA,
 Angelo.