Re: Reading text properties from a yanked text

From: Nicolas P. Rougier (inria)
Subject: Re: Reading text properties from a yanked text
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 07:08:42 +0100

Gregory Heytings [2022-11-26 at 23:26] wrote:
I think I see what you mean (but I'm not sure).
Is your recipe the following one?

emacs -Q
M-x text-mode RET
M-: (insert (propertize "Hello" 'face 'bold)) RET
C-SPC
M-b
M-w
M-: (text-properties-at 0 "<press C-y>") RET

in which you see the text in bold in the minibuffer before pressing RET? (Instead of M-: you could also type (text-properties-at 0 "<press
C-y>") followed by C-x C-e somewhere else.)

Yes, I think this is equivalent to what I did:

Instead of using the M-x / M-:, I write the first line in the *scratch* buffer and evaluate it (eval-last-sexp). Then I copy the output and I write the second line using the killed text.

I can see the bold text in the buffer when I yank it but when I evaluate the second line (text-properties...), it says there is no properties. However, if I use M-x: describe-char on any of the yanked character, it says, it has a bold face.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas P. Rougier —— www.labri.fr/perso/nrougier
Institute of Neurodegenerative Diseases, Bordeaux