Re: How to get DISPLAY of emacsclient?

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: How to get DISPLAY of emacsclient?
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 22:26:49 +0700

On 27/11/2022 21:38, Gregory Heytings wrote:

Currently I prefer to concentrate on the case of accessing X selection or getting DISPLAY without creation of visible frames.

Sorry, I don't understand what "getting DISPLAY without creation of visible frames" means.  Is the $DISPLAY environment variable not enough?

I do not see a way to get the value of the DISPLAY environment variable specific to the emacsclient process. In some corner cases in may differ from emacs server display. For testing purposes the following may be used:

    DISPLAY= emacs --daemon

A workaround I have found so far is to specify display explicitly

    emacsclient --display "$DISPLAY" ...