Re: master d0a66f3e0e: Display a warning for some uses of nil in face at

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: master d0a66f3e0e: Display a warning for some uses of nil in face attributes.
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2022 18:04:25 +0000

But should the newly introduced warning be called out in NEWS?

I don't think so, the nil value there was supported for compatibility with Emacs 20 but was not documented (and the message seems clear enough).

Also, why not make this into a function? Is it performance critical enough to warrant using a macro?

It's not a macro for performance reasons, it's a macro because it didn't seem worth to me to make it a function.